(12) Germain-Robin Sidecar @ Bix

Friday, November 23, 2012

Germain-Robin Sidecar @ Bix = Germain-Robin brandy, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao & Lime Juice. Essentially this cocktail tasted like boozy lime juice. It was super tart, lime-y, floral, sugary - it made my teeth enamel feel funny because of all the acid/sugar. It's not my favorite because of the style of drink it is - sugar rimmed served in a martini glass. [Rant: Who the hell engineered a martini glass? The liquid is asking to be spilled. And the glass when tipped over is asking to be shattered into a million stupid pieces. Am I right?!?! Whoever invented martini glasses I’d like to personally punch them in the neck. Seriously, what a ridiculous drinking vessel. End rant.] The place feels a bit stuffy and I’m a totally out of my element here. They brought out some chex mix, bright orange gold fish, pretzels sticks salted peanuts and pumpkin seeds, that were spicy, super salty and snackable, so they won some points in my book I guess.  To quote The Most Interesting Man in the World, "while I don't like being coerced, in this case I shall make an exception."
Germain-Robin Sidecar @ Bix. Photo credit: Kendra Aronson.
Germain Sidecar @ Bix. Photo credit: Kendra Aronson.
Bix bar menu. Photo credit: Kendra Aronson.
The bar @ Bix. Photo credit: Kendra Aronson.


Germain-Robin Sidecar @ Bix ($13)
56 Gold Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
415.433.6300
Monday - Thursday > Bar open @ 4:30 p.m. / Dinner @ 5:30 p.m.
Friday > Lunch @ 11:30 a.m. / Dinner @ 5:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday > Dinner @ 5:30 p.m.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THE BIG DRINK All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger